AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

7% CTR and 7 clicks in 1 hour

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I have a 77% CTR and 7 clicks in 1 hour on one of my ads, it seems like there is a high likelihood that this is click fraud. Anyone have any suggestions on what can be done?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brad L
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If this is a display campaign, the numbers are suspicious and I would remove the site in question.

For search, if the keyword isn't your brand, look at the search queries and locations of the user - that will give you clues as to whether it is the same person clicking on your ads.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long has the campaign been running?  Is it for competitive keywords? 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Allow  a few hours for all servers to sync and check the UI again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brad L
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If this is a display campaign, the numbers are suspicious and I would remove the site in question.

For search, if the keyword isn't your brand, look at the search queries and locations of the user - that will give you clues as to whether it is the same person clicking on your ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you everyone for the responses. I ended up waiting several days and still the CTR was far too high and quite suspicious. I ended up pausing the ad group in question. The ad group was "dental implants" so no not a brand name. I'm also targeting a very specific geographical location. It definitely seemed to be malicious in nature. 

I'm implementing a user query to the page to grab geo location information and then plan on beginning to block ips. This seems like a temporary solution however since it is very easy to hide or change an ip address. 

Anyways I've also contacted adwords and hope they will take necessary action. Again thank you everyone!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Interesting..... Keep us posted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’