AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

2 adwords accounts for same domain with different conversion codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have 2 adwords accounts for same domain with different conversion codes for leads;if i put 2 different codes on same thank you page; will Google track leads seperately? 

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: 2 adwords accounts for same domain with different conversion codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sheetal,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Yes, you can track conversions for multiple accounts from the same page. It's technically called Cross Account Conversion Tracking. You can read more about it at the URL below -

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi aravindh,

That thread doesn't address this question. Try this one:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Double-Serving-Policy/td-p/429044

The basic rule is one owner, one web site, one account. Some larger advertisers can get this rule waived to allow different departments or divisions to advertise their products.

For most web sites and businesses, there is no need to maintain more than one account, even if you advertise multiple domains within that one account. In most case, maintaining 2 accounts for the same web site will either be considered "Gaming the system" or "gaining an unfair advantage".

If you don't have approval from Google to run 2 accounts for the same domain and owner, you risk violating the policy. If you want to take that risk, go right ahead.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 12
Top Contributor

@Mohit B

The policy says - Promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries is considered abuse of the ad network - gaining an unfair advantage. 

Hence, multiple accounts to serve same or similar content is definitely a violation, no matter if it is about the same landing page or different. If a website owner intends to show multiple ads for the same search queries using different accounts, it will be considered tricking the system in an effort to occupy more ad space in the SERP.

Having said that, multiple accounts for the same domain can still be allowed in certain scenarios where there is no intention to gain unfair advantage. I already discussed the scenarios which can allow it. 

You said you are already using multiple accounts for the same domain, I expect you are not trying to gain unfair advantage. If you do, accounts can go into suspension any time once it is caught by the system or in a manual review. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sheetal,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Yes, you can track conversions for multiple accounts from the same page. It's technically called Cross Account Conversion Tracking. You can read more about it at the URL below -

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3030657?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for info Ratan.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sheetal,

Why do you have 2 accounts for the same domain? If this hasn't been approved by Google, you are risking violation of the double-serving policy, and that could get you banned for life.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I dissagree with @petebardo. We can use one domain for multiple accounts and it is not going to be violated Google adwords policies. Please go through with this solved threat https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Can-I-advertise-multiple-domains-...

Thanks,

Aravindh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi aravindh,

That thread doesn't address this question. Try this one:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Double-Serving-Policy/td-p/429044

The basic rule is one owner, one web site, one account. Some larger advertisers can get this rule waived to allow different departments or divisions to advertise their products.

For most web sites and businesses, there is no need to maintain more than one account, even if you advertise multiple domains within that one account. In most case, maintaining 2 accounts for the same web site will either be considered "Gaming the system" or "gaining an unfair advantage".

If you don't have approval from Google to run 2 accounts for the same domain and owner, you risk violating the policy. If you want to take that risk, go right ahead.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If I hire any agency for my adwords account & domain is abc.com & as same parallel I create second account & work on ad-words in-house by hire adwords manager & domain is same abc.com. Both are working on their own account then is it violation of adowords policy?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If I am wrong, the question is "is it possible to put more than one conversion code on single thanks page" & "is it right ethics for tacking the conversion by using single thanks page for 2 different account".

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Mohit B,

The simple answer to your first question is - yes. If two different accounts are being used to advertise the single domain, it's a violation of the policies. 

To your second question - yes. You can use the same 'thankyou' page to track conversions from different AdWords accounts. Conflicting answers?

Well, I will make it clear ...

To use more than one account to advertise the same domain, you need to have accounts approved and authorized by Google to allow it. Cross Account Conversion Tracking is of course available for this purpose, but you need to be approved. 

Multiple accounts for the same domain are usually allowed to large accounts, for instance - a business with multiple franchise partners, a hotel chain available in multiple locations etc. Such businesses are allowed to use multiple accounts to have more efficient management. 

You can get more information on it by connecting with an AdWords Phone Support. 

Hope it clears your doubt. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ratan,

Thank you for your post, I am very confused about these two issues, now i have a clear idea about it.
My sincere apologies and thank to @petebardo.

Thanks,

Aravindh.