AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

100% bounce rate and 0 click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am new to Google Adwords. I just started my first campaign. I see that for a few of my paid keywords, I am experiencing 100% bounce rate, but 0 click. What does this data mean?

Thanks,

Nikie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 100% bounce rate and 0 click

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nikie,

A few questions -

In Analytics where are you seeing this bounce rate?

Is under all traffic sources, direct traffic, organic or paid?

We need to know this answers first?

Thanks,

Chetan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chetan,

Thanks for the reply. Well, they are all under paid, that's why I am concern. I was actually looking at my Adword Analytics data. The data shows that there is no click, but 100% bounce rate and 1 pageview for some of my keywords.

Thanks,
Nikie

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Nikie,
Make sure that you link with your analytics and adwords account. Once you will link both the account you can see your traffic which comes from campaign.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Nikie,

Sounds to me like you are looking at bounce rates imported to AdWords for reporting. It's most likely what you are seeing is the results of a slight delay in posting data from Analytics to AdWords. A number of things can appear to be out of synch, but they usually clear up after a few hours.

When looking at AdWords data, it is generally best to look at yesterday's data rather than today. Reporting is not in real time and may not be complete until 24 hours later.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Thank you for responding to my query. Yes, that's right. I imported the data from GA to Adwords. Well, I am seeing this result for almost a week now. So it cannot be the system update issue.

Thanks,
Nikie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I didn't get any answer. Does anyone know why is it that I get 100% bounce rate with 0 click?

Cheers,
Nikie

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Nikie,

It's possible that was a returning visit from a bookmark immediately after clicking on your ad. Using that bookmark, the URL will still carry the gclid (auto-tagging data). That will appear as a visit from the AdWords source, but there would be no click to register.

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google should not be charging for clicks where people only view the site only a few seconds.
I am a small business who advertises with Adwords but all we see are clicks with a few seconds spent on site and lots of 100% bounce rate.
Leads us to believe that anyone could rort the system.
We would spend more on Adwords advertising if we weren't charged for useless clicks.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi jeff r,

If you have a question, please start a new thread.

AdWords only brings you traffic. It's up to you to engage the visitor and to complete any sales. If that's what you are seeing, your keywords are probably too broad, your ad copy is not specific enough and your landing page isn't doing its job of selling whatever it is you are selling.

Ketwords too broad brings you traffic that is not interested in your offer. If you ad copy and the landing page are not complimentary, you get the same thing. Tighten up your ad groups, change your broad match to BMM, write better ads that don't appear to offer something you don't provide, and take a close look at your landing page. If you are using your home page for a landing page, create a page that specifically ties to your ad campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete