AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords is Legit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to do a Google AdWords campaign for some time and I finally found the budget to do so, but the problem is that I’ve been seeing multiple incidents of people being “ripped off” and scammed by accusing AdWords to be falsely clicking on what the ad is linked to, and hardly staying around to see what they are presenting. Can someone please justify what is going on? And also, what is the difference between running a AdWords campaign and a TrueView campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Re: Google adwords is Legit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
AdWords is legit... there are millions of dollars being spent by big companies to promote their products and services across the globe...

But - and this is a big but... it's easy, really easy, to throw your money away on AdWords - and this is why most people who are upset with AdWords are upset with AdWords.

To do it right is complicated... especially if you are in a competitive niche. In my opinion, Google makes it too easy for a small business to get started... set up your campaign using the "out of the box" configuration that Google suggests and you're almost certainly going to lose money.

Spend your budget cautiously, and read a lot about how to best set up your account before you take it live. Use your initial spend to learn the ropes a little.

Think very carefully about what you want your site visitors to do... and focus your advertising spend on that... just that.

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you man for clearing that up for me! I am in a competitive niche since I do gaming discussions but you are right as long as I take the time to set this up correctly and target my audience (United States/Canada) I believe any small cretor or business will bloom with Adwords.

By my last statement about TrueView and AdWords, is basically the same thing right? Since I didn’ t see any distinguished differences.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Regarding click fraud, it is very, very rare in AdWords Search. You won't read about the millions of advertisers who never experience it...

It can be a factor with Display ads, because website owners have an incentive to cheat.

TrueView is a video ad campaign type, and part of AdWords
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2383007

How is your site monetised? Normally blogs/discussion boards aren't allowed on AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwords is a powerful tool if you do it properly. Do not go into Adwords without a plan. There are a lot of moving parts so it's usually best left to the professionals.