3.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

"The Ad Grants team is no longer accepting Grantspro applications."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage Ad Grant accounts for two clients.  As of last night they both completed the last remaining criteria of GrantsPro (2 months of >$9900 in spending).  WHen i went to submit their applications this morning I found the following message on the application form:

Does anyone know anything about this?  I called 866.GOOGLE but the person I spoke with didn't have any details.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Joel.

grantspro.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "The Ad Grants team is no longer accepting Grantspro applications."

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @ Joel_B,

Another person asked the same question: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/No-longer-accepting-GrantsPro-application...

It appears they are overwhelmed with requests that they placed a temporary freeze until such time that they complete their backlog.

Hang tight, the program isn't over!

Best,
Nick

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Nick C @Joel B

Unfortunately, the information from the phone support team is incorrect as to the proper status. It is not temporary it is a permanent hold.

Please see the official response from the Ad Grants team regarding grantspro in this thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/Grantspro-update/m-p/644798#M3034

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow. We've been working for months to get our account prepared to get GrantsPro status! We planned for a supersized budget and the ability to really expand our reach. Like others, our account just became eligible today and we were going to put in an application when we saw the notice. This really hurts nonprofits that are small like ours. We just can't compete for attention with the big spenders that are flush with funding to buy up plenty of ads for marketing and outreach. Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Keta F

The loss of the Grantspro program is disappointing but as with all things, change is inevitable. Rest assured, Google is always working to make the Ad Grants program better for all nonprofits and over the years has continued to do just that. 

$10,000 USD a month in free AdWords advertising is VERY generous and the Google Ad Grants program remains one of the most generous grant programs for nonprofits in existence.