Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone give me some clarification as to what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to adwords grant eligibility? Our 501(c)(3) nonprofit is a String Music School which teaches private, group, and orchestra to children and adults after academic school hours (evenings) and during the summer. After doing some research online, I was able to find a music school that was previously awarded an adwords grant: https://www.catchafire.org/volunteer/11062/turtle-bay-music-school--search-engine-marketing-plan/

This makes me think that when the eligibility requirements list "school" as non-elligibile, they are strictly referring to an academic school (elementary, middle, high school) and not an after-school music "school." Would I be correct in this? Is there any way I can make sure our 501(c)(3) non-profit is set up properly to receive the grant before we apply?

Your input is GREATLY appreciated!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kelly F

The determination as to whether the organization was classified as a school or not would largely be determined by their NTEE category codes.

question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the fast response Robert. I looked on the NCCS site and our code there is listed as A6E - Performing Arts Schools. However, on Guidestar it's listed as Vocational Technical (B30), which is totally bizarre because we are definitely NOT a Vo-tech. Can you let me know if either of these are inelligible and where I can possibily find an accurate list of ANY/ALL NTEE codes for our non-profit? Also, is there a public list of inelligible NTEE codes for google grants? Thank you for your help!!