AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone give me some clarification as to what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to adwords grant eligibility? Our 501(c)(3) nonprofit is a String Music School which teaches private, group, and orchestra to children and adults after academic school hours (evenings) and during the summer. After doing some research online, I was able to find a music school that was previously awarded an adwords grant: https://www.catchafire.org/volunteer/11062/turtle-bay-music-school--search-engine-marketing-plan/

This makes me think that when the eligibility requirements list "school" as non-elligibile, they are strictly referring to an academic school (elementary, middle, high school) and not an after-school music "school." Would I be correct in this? Is there any way I can make sure our 501(c)(3) non-profit is set up properly to receive the grant before we apply?

Your input is GREATLY appreciated!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Kelly F

The determination as to whether the organization was classified as a school or not would largely be determined by their NTEE category codes.

question about what google qualifies as a "school" in regards to eligibility

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the fast response Robert. I looked on the NCCS site and our code there is listed as A6E - Performing Arts Schools. However, on Guidestar it's listed as Vocational Technical (B30), which is totally bizarre because we are definitely NOT a Vo-tech. Can you let me know if either of these are inelligible and where I can possibily find an accurate list of ANY/ALL NTEE codes for our non-profit? Also, is there a public list of inelligible NTEE codes for google grants? Thank you for your help!!