AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

please!!! help on google ad grant application

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to apply the google ad grant account for my charity, called Castlehaven, registered with Charity Commission in England and Wales (registered number:295829). 

I have read Sarah's thread and we had the same charity status:

1.  We are based in England

2. We are registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (295829)

3. We are not a governmental entity or organisation, hospital or health care, or a school or education organisation.

4. We have an active website(www.castlehaven.org.uk)

I was rejected right after submitted the application, reason being cannot not verify the charity status at themoment. I was wondering if I sumbitted the wrong numbers? I know the subdiary number is just the number above; but I am confused by the registration number, is this the so called company number?  you could go on to the website and check; the registered number and this company number are all there; and I even checked that the company status is non-profit. 

I have also gone through the same process that Sarah has gone through; no number, no email. I am very frustrated at the moment...

Please could you help me!

Thank you very very much!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Castle H
September 2015

Re: please!!! help on google ad grant application

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Castle H,
Sorry to hear that you were not approved. It sounds like it may have been an issue with the application.

The registration number should be provided to you by your revenue agency or government to verify your nonprofit. (This is the 295829 number that you should submited as a subsidiary number.)

The Subsidiary Number should be provided to you by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. Fill in "0" if you are not a subsidiary.

Try submitting again, being sure to put 295829 in as the registration number instead of the subsidiary number and then 0 as the subsidiary number. 

Let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Castle,

Please check you url it was not pulling the website correctly. Anyhow, i visited your website..

Here is the reason why you are rejected in this program...before that ...

First of all before applying for Google Adgrant you need to read the Eligibiliy Criteria of this program. you can read it here http://goo.gl/C8F1Ti. (Anyhow you already applied).

When i Watched your website it seems like you are selling some kind of tickets which Google don't like.You website should not contain any advertisements.

Google is offering this program only for non profits and only to some kind of Organisations. Please read Eligibility Critirea from the above link to know more about them.

And finally, Don't get frustated, Google initiated this program to help people and organisations. So, if you follow the guidelines of Google for this program and apply correctly, Google will definitely approves your application.

Thanks and Regards,

John.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Castle H
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Castle H,
Sorry to hear that you were not approved. It sounds like it may have been an issue with the application.

The registration number should be provided to you by your revenue agency or government to verify your nonprofit. (This is the 295829 number that you should submited as a subsidiary number.)

The Subsidiary Number should be provided to you by the Charity Commission for England and Wales. Fill in "0" if you are not a subsidiary.

Try submitting again, being sure to put 295829 in as the registration number instead of the subsidiary number and then 0 as the subsidiary number. 

Let me know if that works for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Robert! you are right I have to fill the form your way for it to get accepted by Google; now I will have to wait Smiley Happy thank you very much Robert!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert, I got approved! thank you for your help! just one more question, how long does Ad Grant last? do I have to re-apply say after a year? or I just need to actively manage my account and make sure they are used on non-profit and charitable purpose my account will be there as long? Thank you very much!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Castle,
Congratulations and welcome to the program.

Yes, to keep your grant open all you have to do is provide active management, maintain eligibility requirements and be sure to respond to any emails you get from the G4NP/Ad Grants team.

If you run into any other issues, be sure to reach out. We are