2.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

keyword status show following error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Although your ad is showing, its rank is not high enough to place it on the first page of search results. What can I do?     One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword. What can I do?

Re: keyword status show following error

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Bhavesh,

Ad rank has two components: the amount of your bid and your quality score. So, you can either raise your bid or work on your quality score. Raising quality score will take some work, but is the better route in the long run.

Quality score is too big of a subject to cover in one forum post: I would suggest you search here and online in general for more information. Here's the official AdWords description of quality score to get you started: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/140351?hl=en.

In my experience, click-through-rate is an important factor in quality score, so it may help to start by focusing on increasing your CTR.

For your other message, about one of your other ads showing for the same keyword, it sounds like you're bidding on the same keyword in two different ad groups. Google won't show two ads from the same advertiser on the same page, so they choose the ad that they think will perform better. If you prefer one ad showing for that keyword over another, you'll have to pause the keyword in the non-preferred ad group, so that you're making the choice and not Google.

Hope that helps, and if anything I said isn't clear, please don't hesitate to ask.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Bhavesh,
To add to Meg's great answer, it also might help if you knew what your Estimated Top of Page Bids and Estimated First Page Bids were. I agree with Meg - focus on improving your Quality Scores, but at least knowing what you have to Bid to be on the first Page might help.

Appearing on the first page of AdWords results is definitely something you should shoot for, as this will give you the most Impressions.

Finally, to add to Meg's point about duplicate Keywords, the AdWords Editor has a tool that can help you find duplicate Keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bhavesh,

Seems like you are going after competitive keywords with a bid level higher the $2. i would suggest you to get a bit more creative with your keyword research and identify keywords/opportunities that are not as competitive and still might generate the results that you are looking for.

Cheers,
Vineesh..