5.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

internal server Error 500 - Ad Grants application

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i cannot send my application for the AdGrants Program Germany. When i hit the send button i always get the error mentioned in the subject line.

is that temporary or do i do something wrong? I've seen an unsolved thread where people experienced the error for several days without any solution.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: internal server Error 500 - Ad Grants application

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hannah,
Sorry to hear that you ran into issues while applying. I've notified it the grants team and they will have the engineers look into it. This should be fixed soon and you should be able to apply within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
When trying to verify the Google AdGrants application on both the French and the Dutch-language versions of the Belgian-specific URL (http://www.google.be/grants), I keep getting the same error (see below). Do you know whether by now any application issues should have been solved?
Thanks,
sander

Error:
Internal server error – 500
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Please go back and try again..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The issues causing the 500 errors should have been fixed at the time of my last posting across all international applications. If you have experienced new 500 errors since my last post in this thread, please let me know and I will escalate up to the Grants team. Be sure to clear cache and cookies before reapplying again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem in Brazil, trying to submit apply form:

Internal server error – 500

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Flavio,
Thanks for letting us know. The team has been notified and this should be fixed soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rober,

I'll try again later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,
I tried to apply multiple times for the Ad Grants program for Autism Empowerment in the last hour and kept getting this note: Oops, we encountered an error. If you see this message again, you may find help in the Google for Nonprofits Help Center.

I have no idea whether my application went through or if there some other issue. I am located in the United States. Is there any way to tell if it was submitted?

Thank you so much for your help! :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! Just wanted to say that I tried again the following day and the application submitted successfully. :-)