3.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

google ad words grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi our non-profit was given a google ad word grant and I have no idea how to get it started. I have admin powers but see no web site instruction on setting it up. Help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: google ad words grant

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Christy M, we are here to help at this forum! At the bottom of the getting started guide you can find the Ad Grants/ Adwords resources: 

N.B. If you are a Google for Nonprofits (G4N) admin and see "approved for ad grants" and not sure where to start from there, I had a similar question awhile back that was answered. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/Administrators-Setting-Up-Ad-Grants-Accou...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Christy M

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted into the Google Ad Grants program. 

There is certainly a lot to learn about AdWords to be able to manage it efficiently and the Ad Grant (Google's nonprofit version of AdWords) has unique challenges. However, there is no need to be intimidated by those challenges. To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. 

When you need help just reach out here in the Help Forum.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey someone at google ad words is saying we have to sign up for a google
ads express account to even begin our google ad grant. Is this true? How do
you avoid being charged per click? Because you can't sign up for google ad
words without entering your credit card? Is there not a help desk for
google ad grant recipients? This is so confusing. I keep talking to reps in
India who aren't helping me. We have been awarded a grant. But the only
page we have access to in our administrator list. Nothing else, but a link
to buy apps to help us.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Christy M

Due to recent bugs in the sign up process, there is a bit of confusion right now and at a brief point it was recommended to start with AdWords Express. Currently, starting with AdWords Express is an option - but it is certainly not mandatory.

To get started, all you have to do is just follow the steps exactly as outlined in the Grants Account Creation Guide and you will be fine. To bypass billing, just be sure to click the blue 'Get Started' button which uses a special link to bypass the need for billing. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How does it know I can hit get started and bypass billing? There is no
where for me to put my charity number which is 9 digits long. The people at
help desk keep saying I need a 10 digit google ad words number and I keep
telling them, I only have a charity google grant id that is 9 digits long.
I am still confused. You are saying there is no portal to do google grant
ad making, that I have to sign up for google ad words? Is this correct? And
where along the way does it know I am a grantee that has thousands of
dollars of free ads?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
All of your answers are listed in the account creation guide listed above. Just follow the steps that are listed within there and it will show you exactly how to sign up for Ad Grants.

Please understand, that Ad Grants operates within the AdWords platform. So you have to start by setting up an AdWords account. Once that account has been set up following the steps outlined in the account creation guide then you will submit that account customer ID (CID) for review within your Google for Nonprofits portal page where you enroll in the products. This is outlined in the account creation guide as well.

Rest assured, we are here to help you along the way.