AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

eligibility of future non-profit adds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are a non-profit organization. We have received a non-profit AdWords grant of 10k$, which we utilize for a few month now to advertise our services.

Recently, we have launched a joint venture with a company. Our beneficiaries, who are under psychiatric vocational rehabilitation, help pack the company's products, they help market by telemarketing and they also sale the products offline and online to support the nonprofit financially.

My question is whether adds, advertising the products to its target audience, as they are - consumption with added value of supporting the community, is eligible for non-profit AdWords grants?

Much of the income from these sales goes to the non-profit organization, as a form of social business, and a cooperation between our non-profit and a company hoping to support the community by giving our beneficiaries a chance to sale and enjoy part of the revenues, for non-profit, rehabilitative purposes only. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Re: eligibility of future non-profit adds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This type of commercial use and promotion of a for-profit company and its products would not be allowed in the Ad Grants program.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This type of commercial use and promotion of a for-profit company and its products would not be allowed in the Ad Grants program.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the answer.

Perhaps I wasn't making myself clear enough. These products are packed and sold by the NPO. 100% of the payments are accepted by the NPO, but obviously the various raw material, and the knowledge are bought\donated from a for-profit company. 

I cant quite understand why this kind of social business isn't understood by Google as non-profit. The rehabilitative services that we provide for non-profit purposes also require for-profit transactions in the background, such as rent, equipment and so on. what's the difference?

Thank again for the help.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer.

Perhaps I wasn't making myself clear enough. These products are packed and sold by the NPO. 100% of the payments are accepted by the NPO, but obviously the various raw material, and the knowledge are bought\donated from a for-profit company. 

I cant quite understand why this kind of social business isn't understood by Google as non-profit. The rehabilitative services that we provide for non-profit purposes also require for-profit transactions in the background, such as rent, equipment and so on. what's the difference?

Thank again for the help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@יואב ר

I am certain that your nonprofit does a lot of good. However, please realize that there are guidelines that are put in place that limit how the Ad Grant can be used. These limits are universal and apply to all grantees in the program.

With regards to commercial advertising via the Ad Grant, the following is stated on the eligibility page: 

Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

Further, in the Ad Grants help center the policy for mission-based campaigns states:

The ads and keywords in your AdWords account must reflect the mission of your nonprofit organization and be relevant to your nonprofit's programs and services.

Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed. If you intend to promote products or services, the sales and/or proceeds must directly support the nonprofit.

See the program details in your country for examples on what ads and keywords are acceptable.

Google Ad Grants recipients found in violation of this policy are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time.

So if you feel confident that your account operates within the policy guidelines - great! Just understand that during Google's review of your account the reviewers could look at your commercial ads much differently and you would removed from the program.