Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

domain name could be a secondary website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to ask you all another question:

About the application for the Grant, I have read that the domain name could be a secondary website owned by the nonprofit, what do you thin this means, how can be proved?

Thank you again

María

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria Pilar F
September 2015

Re: domain name could be a secondary website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maria Pilar F,
First, always feel free to ask questions here in the Ad Grants forum, that is what it is for and that is why we are here.... to help out.

Second, the Ad Grants program does NOT allow for the use of a secondary website. You are only allowed to use the grant to promote a single website of your organization.

Here is the full policy:

Website policy and promoting additional websites

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1657899?hl=en

Now, can you use a secondary website with the grant instead of the organization's primary website. Technically, yes you can (again, the policy states that you may only promote one website domain name: the website domain name associated with the registered nonprofit that was approved for Google Ad Grants).

With that said, I DO NOT recommend doing so except under very unique circumstances. My recommendation is to set the "secondary" website up as a subdomain of your main website. This way, you can promote the content of the secondary domain while still being able to promote the content of your primary website.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria Pilar F
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maria Pilar F,
First, always feel free to ask questions here in the Ad Grants forum, that is what it is for and that is why we are here.... to help out.

Second, the Ad Grants program does NOT allow for the use of a secondary website. You are only allowed to use the grant to promote a single website of your organization.

Here is the full policy:

Website policy and promoting additional websites

https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/1657899?hl=en

Now, can you use a secondary website with the grant instead of the organization's primary website. Technically, yes you can (again, the policy states that you may only promote one website domain name: the website domain name associated with the registered nonprofit that was approved for Google Ad Grants).

With that said, I DO NOT recommend doing so except under very unique circumstances. My recommendation is to set the "secondary" website up as a subdomain of your main website. This way, you can promote the content of the secondary domain while still being able to promote the content of your primary website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much RobertCoats. The information it´s very helpful.

Regards,

María

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Maria,
My pleasure. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.