AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

adwords billing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage our Google Ad Grants program of which we were recently approved. I created the Adwords account and submitted it for review. It hasn't been reviewed because there's a message that says "Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information." The instructions for setting up the account said to not include credit card info, but it's the only way to set up billing. What do I do - my ads have been stuck in limbo forever.

Jim

Edgewood Center for Children and Families

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords billing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jom O,

If you submitted it for review following the instructions outlined on step 3 of the Account Creation Guide then you should be fine.

It will take some time to review - up to 30 days in some rare cases although most are considerably faster these days and once approved it can still take a few days for the "enter billing" prompt to disappear from the account.

You can take these steps to verify the status of the submission:

1. Sign in to your Google For Nonprofits profile.
  2. Select 'Enrollments'
  3. In the box for Google Ad Grants will either be a blue 'Enroll' button or it will tell you the status of your enrollment.

If it is a blue 'Enroll' button, then your previous enrollment into Ad Grants did not go through for some reason and you will have to resubmit.

If the status says 'Approved' then congratulations, you are approved and your AdWords account is eligible to begin serving ads.

If it says 'rejected' then you will need to follow the instructions listed for Google Ad Grants rejections.