star_border

ad disapproved

p w
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
p w
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I just had my first ad disapproved I'm trying to understand the reasoning. If I recall correctly we can use ad grants to advertise for donations. 

This is the ad that was disapproved:

The reason stated was Omission of relevant information

Here is the link with detail. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en&authuser=0

I don't quite understand what's missing.  It mentions the tax ID. That's on our website. Does it have to be in the ad? Seems like a weird place for it.

Can anyone help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: ad disapproved

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi pw,
The disapproval is based on AdWords policy and the policy section recently updated. Previously, this would have fallen under what was called "solicitation of funds" which is still in effect as listed on the following page and reads:

For example, we currently don't allow solicitation of funds or donations by people or organizations who are not politicians, political parties, or tax-exempt charities.

As a Grantee, you would obviously fall under the "tax-exempt charities" status however, your website needs to reflect that in your footer.

Simply add: "*Charity Name* is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization" in the footer and you should be good to go.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author p w
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Thanks Robert.

p w