AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Your Account Isn't Active

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just signed into my Adwords account through Google Grants and it's showing this message: Your account isn't active - To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information. When I set up as a charity I didn't have to enter any billing info.

My last sign-in was about a week ago. Not sure what the problem is, but I am hoping to get this back up again. Thanks! - Luke

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

You are welcome. 

If you were already approved and things were working normally and now it is showing the message to add billing to the synced AdWords account... it sounds like something did change and you would want to find out what it is since it could leave you responsible for a bill. 

You can use this information to review your account. 

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

You have to ignore the message until your AdWords account is approved and taken over by the Google Grants system. The message will go away at that time. If needed, log in to your Google Grants account (not AdWords) and check to see the status.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

J Clemens,

Thanks for the reply. My account was approved months ago and has been running ads successfully. I have been checking on it every week.  It was just in the last week that I logged in and saw the inactive message. Maybe this is a new problem? Not sure.

Also, where can I log into Google Grants? On the grants page (https://www.google.com/grants/) there is only a button for sign up, not sign in.

Thanks,

Luke

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Luke,

You are welcome. 

If you were already approved and things were working normally and now it is showing the message to add billing to the synced AdWords account... it sounds like something did change and you would want to find out what it is since it could leave you responsible for a bill. 

You can use this information to review your account. 

All the Best,

James