AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Would this qualify as a domain exception?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The domain for our organization is: www.organization.org

However, we host all of our digital library collections on a 3rd party site but pay to have full control and ownership of the content: www.organization.library.platform.org

Would it be allowed to apply for an exception for www.organization.library.platform.org so we could promote our digital library collections?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Megan W

Third party websites would not be approved for us with Ad Grants since the org must own the domain being promoted, not just the content on that domain. For further information, please see the following help article: Website policies and promoting multiple sites

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was under the impression that with Google Adwords Grants (for nonprofits) we are only allowed our website domain. https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1689506

From the URL above:

"Under "Destination URL," add the link to the page you want people to go to from your ad.

The domain used must be the same across all ads

The website must not be a social media page or a third-party created website (for example, Google Sites or WordPress)"

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Megan W,

My fault, Megan. I did not realize that your query was posted with reference to the Ad Grants Program.. Am revoking my contribution and apologize for the confusion caused.

The Grant Program provides you with free advertising opportunities and all the terms and conditions should be strictly adhered to because you are spending funds earned by others. I, for one, never heard of an exception in regard to a grant supported website. However, that's just my 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Megan W

Third party websites would not be approved for us with Ad Grants since the org must own the domain being promoted, not just the content on that domain. For further information, please see the following help article: Website policies and promoting multiple sites