Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Working with Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I having some issues setting up Google Adwords for NGOs.

About two years ago, I filled out the paperwork and the NGO I volunteer for has been successfully approved to use Google Ad Grants, and we've been using it on a @gmail account. About a year ago, we applied for the whole Google for Nonprofits package and got approved -- we have access to the G Suite for Nonprofits, Google Ad Grants, and the Youtube Nonprofit Program. 

Now, in the meantime, the Adwords account got disabled on the account that we first started using the Ad Grants (the @gmail one). Last year when we got approved for the Google for Nonprofits account, I also made an enrollment for Google Ad Grants from the admin console. The problem is, I have no recollection which Adwords account ID I used, and I can't find any option of making a dis-enrollment in order to reapply. 

Also, because of the structure of our NGO, some other person will be managing the ads campaign every year. Is it then better to have one central account which uses the Google Ad Grant and give access to it to someone else every year, or how is it recommended to do this?

Basically, my question is, how can I use Google for Nonprofits dashboard to enroll a different Google Adwords ID for the program? Or how can I find out which account was enrolled?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Antonius Cezar H,

You can use the check your application status link to log in to your account and gain more precise info. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a long back and forth with support over the phone. Finally after like 3 days it turned out my nonprofit already had an account. They made me answer some questions, and had to prove that I managed the domain. Our gsuite email domain is the same as our website, so it wasn't too bad to gain access.

If you get them  on the phone, just don't give up in pressuring them for the organizations number. NOT one that is associated with your email that you think you signed up for. I made this mistake. And so I had an adwords account made on the email that I log into the nonprofits admin dashboard with, but it wasn't the original ad grants one. So when I recovered the ad grants account, that log in had 2 nonprofit accounts, and mine was suspended.

Totally dumb, almost as dumb as the help J Clemens is posting here...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thank you for stopping back and posting what solved your issue, Michael. It is my hope that it guides Antonius to a successful resolution. 

All the Best,

James