Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Why my book doesn't sell?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've acquired an AdGrant recently.

I have created a big number of different ads for some pages of http://books.portonvictor.org/end-of-gospel/ with a very long list of keywords.

Now I have 736 clicks and zero sales. Why it does not sell?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Victor,

You say that you have a long line of keywords, how specific are they?

Books in general tend to be quite a niche subject, if you have the keyword of 'buy book' it could be anyone from a horror fan to a non-fiction fan.

If I were you I'd take a look at your keywords and remove any that could bring in non-relevant traffic, you may then have a shorter keyword list and get less clicks, however the clicks you receive will be more relevant.

Hope this helps,

# 3
Ad Grants Featured Contributor

Are you sure you're in the right forum? Surely Google Ad Grants are only given to non-profits and for social good purposes. Not selling religion.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

All keywords are specific religious topics relevant for my book.

I avoid keywords like "buy book", but use keywords like "Christian religion" or "Christian book".

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Victor,

Check for keyword relevancy with your book, you try topic or affinity method for selling your book.

Try taking user directly to your sell page as when i click on buy option its taking me to different website, thus removing the tracking code from this page

Let me know if you require more help.

Regards,

Manish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no way Google would approve your silly book for the Ad Grants program, yet deny hundreds of valid charities

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please note that I do not only religion. In free time of my (programming) work I do mathematical research and write free software.

I hoped that sales of my book will help me to have more free time to do scientific research.

Sorry for an offtopic (you may not reply), but how can you explain (as told in my "silly" book) that 7 trumpets of Apocalypse 1-1 correspond to the events what happen if a big comet falls to the Earth? How the author of apocalypse could know this 2000 years ago?