AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

What do you think is the best way to structure your campaigns?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, all!

I have an AdWords client in the medical field and I'm hoping for a little help setting them up. 

I've heard people recommend setting up campaigns based on locations and others suggest setting up based on products/services.

This medical practice has several locations, all within a 25 mile radius of each other and each location offers the same services. 

With this information, do you think it would make more sense to set up a campaign for each location with their services divided into ad groups or the other way around?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chelsea H
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chelsea H

The issue here is the reporting  (because the service is identical). Hence, I would  break  into campaigns based on locations.

Further, location targeting is set at the campaign level. If you break by service, you'll have to target all locations. This will make reporting more complicated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chelsea H
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chelsea H

The issue here is the reporting  (because the service is identical). Hence, I would  break  into campaigns based on locations.

Further, location targeting is set at the campaign level. If you break by service, you'll have to target all locations. This will make reporting more complicated.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Chelsea H

I agree with @MosheTLV - setting up the campaigns around locations will certainly be more work but the benefits will be worth it with being able to provide the client with clear reporting by location. It could also provide some additional business insight to the client because the reporting might indicate that one service offering is more popular in one area over another based on impressions and clicks.