Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Webstore of an NGO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All, 

My NGO (BirdLife Hungary) has a webshop where all the profit is going to the NGO. Can I use some of my AdGrants campaign to advertise these webshop products? If anyone can answer this question, will it be considered as an official Google answer? THank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Re: Webstore of an NGO

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Természetvédelmi Egyesület M

On the Ad Grants eligibility page it states:

• Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

If the webshop is on a different website/domain name then you will also want to check out Website policy & promoting multiple sites information as well.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Természetvédelmi Egyesület M

On the Ad Grants eligibility page it states:

• Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.

If the webshop is on a different website/domain name then you will also want to check out Website policy & promoting multiple sites information as well.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Természetvédelmi Egyesület M,

Based on the reply posted by @RobertCoats, a positive answer cannot be excluded. Could you please provide us with links to your website and store so I can have a look at it with the eyes of a native user?

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Természetvédelmi Egyesület M,

I think I have found them meanwhile. Here they are: 

site:     http://www.mme.hu/

shop:   http://www.mme.hu/bolt

Am I right?

I scanned the shop and found that the goods are related to birds and wildlife. As long as what is declared on your website is adhered to and you keep up good standards, I cannot see a reason why you could not promote the shop via the grant. -  I'd note that this is a user-to-user forum where advertisers try help each other, therefore posts cannot be regarded as official statements made by Google. That said, @RobertCoats is a highly respected Top Contributor in the Ad Grants category and I can't recall a case where he was mistaken. 

Best,

Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Lakatos

Based on the reply posted by @RobertCoats, a positive answer cannot be excluded.

My apologies if my first reply was not clear enough. 

Yes, a webstore of a NGO can be promoted through the Google Ad Grants program as long as it follows the policies that I had posted above. Specifically:

• 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
  • If the webstore is on a different website than the approved domain then the webstore domain must be approved for use by the Ad Grants team before being promoted.
  • And a third item of note is that, as with all ads in an Ad Grants account, the ads for a NGO webstore must be mission-based.   

Grantees found in violation of the above policies are subject to removal from the program.

NOTE: specific URLS posted will not be reviewed to determine adherence with the policies but instead will be referred back to the posted policies.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

No, no, Roberts. No need for apologies, your post was pretty fine and I read it okay. I just wanted to be sort of cautious in my interpretation of your words, obviously in an unreasonable way .... Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Lakatos

100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program... --- Statement on website says so
If the webstore is on a different website... --- It is on the same website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Lakatos,
Thank you very much for taking the time to check our website and for all your answers, I think it is clear to me now!

Thank you again,

All the best,
Petra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear @RobertCoats
Thank you very much for your answer, it is much appreciated!!

Kind regards
Petra