5.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

We are approved for Ads Grant, BILLING

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are approved for Ads Grant, but can not get past the billing page, wants a credit card. Can someone help?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: We are approved for Ads Grant, BILLING

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Donald,

Even though AdWords will ask you to put in credit card information, you should not put in payment information at any time. You can go ahead and and create your campaign, keywords, and ads, and then submit your account for review. You should hear back from the team within 5 days after submission.

There's also a full walkthrough on this process here.

Does this answer your question?

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RobertCoats (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Donald,

Even though AdWords will ask you to put in credit card information, you should not put in payment information at any time. You can go ahead and and create your campaign, keywords, and ads, and then submit your account for review. You should hear back from the team within 5 days after submission.

There's also a full walkthrough on this process here.

Does this answer your question?

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I must have created ti wrong because it will not let me proceed without a credit card number. and "submit your account to review" is a selection I have never seen, I guess I need to delete and start over, but have no idea how. It keeps taking me back to the credit card.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Donald,

I'd recommend reviewing the steps in the second process I linked and double check that you did them all as listed--if you do the set-up correctly, you should be able to get to that "submit your account for review" step.

Cassie

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Cassie-

Thanks for the response but your link to the walkthrough describes pages and option I don't see when I go through it. I obviously have set it up wrong, but there is no way to change it. I've tried to delete the account and create a new one, but those instructions also do not apply to what I am seeing on my screen. For example, it will say:
Let's get started creating your account.
Please enter your email, time zone, country and currency. You won't be able to change these settings later, so choose carefully.

And all that is there is an email box. Nothing else.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Donald,

When you originally created the account (and have tried recreating it), did you make sure that you used the link provided on the Ad Grants Account Setup page?

Another Community member is having a similar issue here, so definitely want to figure out if there's a step you may have missed, or if it's an issue with the process at all.

Cassie

J L
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
J L
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also having this problem and I did use the link on the Ad Grants Account Setup page. Is there any additional information on how to fix this? Thanks Jenny

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi JL,
Ive created a step by step decision tree to help with the initial step before setup. [edited*]

If you need help with setting up your account let us know here in a new thread!

*This post has been edited by a Community Manager to remove self-promotional content, as per the Community Guidelines.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sorry, the tree did not help, because it led me to the exact same page. I have an existing account it says that prevents me from continuing, I don't know what that is or how to change/delete it. I have asked how to do that and have no response. I tried to use a different email under our account but can not seem to make the email work. I set it up, set a password and your system says my password is incorrect. Cant access the email either. Tried a second and third time, no luck. Extremely frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@J L

Hi Jenny,

Is the Google account you are using tied to any other Google properties such as YouTube? If so, try going through the steps using a different Google account and that should help you get through the process without issue.