Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Violate ad grant program or not?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

My NGO has cooperated with a game company to produce a free android game to promote animal conservation. 

I wonder if I could use Ad grant to promote this game? If so, could I post it on our website.

Thank you for your help. 

Best Regards.

Johnny 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: Violate ad grant program or not?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tang J

Without seeing the game and how you are promoting it on your website it is really hard to say but here area couple of questions:

Does the game support your mission? If yes, then likely there are no issues. 

Does the game generate revenue for the third-party developer? If so, then you can not promote it.

Lastly, Ad Grants does not currently allow for the promotion of Apps through Google Play - however, this is something that is being considered (as you will see from my App survey post earlier this week. Currently, only text ads on Google Search are allowed for Ad Grant campaigns but app ad extensions are allowed.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tang J

Without seeing the game and how you are promoting it on your website it is really hard to say but here area couple of questions:

Does the game support your mission? If yes, then likely there are no issues. 

Does the game generate revenue for the third-party developer? If so, then you can not promote it.

Lastly, Ad Grants does not currently allow for the promotion of Apps through Google Play - however, this is something that is being considered (as you will see from my App survey post earlier this week. Currently, only text ads on Google Search are allowed for Ad Grant campaigns but app ad extensions are allowed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Robert,

Thanks for the answer. It helps a lot.

Johnny