AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Very Old Non Profits AdWords account, Charity has no details

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, here is a tough one....

I have a charity I am helping, and it appears that in the past, it once had a non profit adwords account that has since been suspended (maybe lack of use). The charity has no knowledge whatesoever that this was ever set up until I approached them and told them there was a grant available. When we tried to apply we then found out about past activity. Perhaps someone set it up years ago, and then gave up

The problem is, for Google to have anything to do with this they need:

last login
email address of last login
usual monthly spend

We don't have any of this info

They won't budge, without this info, they won't even give me a contact address so that the Charity CEO can make a formal request

All we would like to do is get the account reinstated and managed properly or set up from new again

This can't be the first charity this has happened to

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Very Old Non Profits AdWords account, Charity has no details

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jason,

Try checking with other colleagues about the old account, try to find old emails from Google, Analytics property number on the website, something might turn up. Have you tried contacting AdWords support by phone? They should be able to get you (or organizational head) access by verifying a few details. Support info here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Jason,

Try checking with other colleagues about the old account, try to find old emails from Google, Analytics property number on the website, something might turn up. Have you tried contacting AdWords support by phone? They should be able to get you (or organizational head) access by verifying a few details. Support info here.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not quite sure why this has been marked as Solved!

As stated above, Google will not do anything for the charity (be email/chat or phone) unless the charity has the following info:

last login
usual monthly spend

Nobody at the charity even knew AdWords had been set up, let alone have the above info

Has any other charity faced this problem, and what did they do?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

What's the charity's website URL? Have you checked if there's an Analytics code on the website? If there's one, you can contact Google to get access to the GA account as well as AdWords.

Let me know what you find.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth, thanks for the help.

Definitely a code for Analytics in the website source code. Just waiting for the charity to provide me with the Analytics login.

Are you sure Google will give access, they were adamant that I needed:

last login
usual monthly spend

which no one knows

Thanks

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

There's a process to be followed to recover access to GA. Upon getting that, we can work on identifying either the AdWords account CID or log in email from GA (hoping they're linked) and then work on recovering the password.

Do let us know after your client provides info.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar