Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Underperforming Google Grants Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I don't seem to be getting any value out of our charity's Google Grants account.  I've got ads live, but it seems to me that the only relevant keywords are beyond the reach of the $2.00 limit and we're therefore receiving very few clicks.  Our paid for ads however are performing really well.  Any ideas on how I make the most of our free ads as we're really not benefitting from the grant, even though we're eligible to receive it.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Underperforming Google Grants Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hey Hamish,

What type of work does your organization do? If you are in a competitive space the $2 limit can hurt your performance.

One other thing to look at would be your quality score for keywords. The $2 limit doesn't hurt as much if you have high quality keywords.

Also, what are you paying per click on your paid ads, and how are you defining success there?

Best,

Mark

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Hamish,

Thanks for posting! I'd also recommend evaluating your keywords. If you are using broad and general keywords, the competition will be high and so will CPCs. Try using more specific keyword terms, and maybe look at using various match types. More information about keyword matching options can be found here: http://goo.gl/Nzq1Tr .

Hope this helps! 

p w
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
p w
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @RachelM That url doesn't work. I'd be interested to read the link, if you still have it.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

I'm sorry about that! I added a full stop to the end of the short link, which resulted in an error page. Thanks for letting me know!

Here is the link: http://goo.gl/Nzq1Tr . I've also updated it in my original post.