5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Unauthorized use of our EIN number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, we recently discovered that a significant number of projects fiscally sponsored by our nonprofit used our EIN number to apply for Google grants without our consent. When we tried to apply for Google grants for ourselves, we saw that there were around 20 uses of our EIN number - none of which were approved by us. Can someone help me understand how to fix this issue and what the implications are for having so many uses of our EIN number with Google? 

Lawrence

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Unauthorized use of our EIN number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wil P

Hi Lawrence,

I am going to reach out to the Ad Grants team on this one for you but I do not suspect this will affect your organization or your organization's ability to apply for Google For Nonprofits or the Ad Grants program.

To escalate this, I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Unauthorized use of our EIN number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wil P

Hi Lawrence,

I am going to reach out to the Ad Grants team on this one for you but I do not suspect this will affect your organization or your organization's ability to apply for Google For Nonprofits or the Ad Grants program.

To escalate this, I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.