Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to determine reason for grant application rejection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got the following message for the second time:

Regrettably, your organization does not fall within our guidelines. For details on your country's requirements, click the "Eligibility & charity status" link shown for your country: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1705991.

We have 501(c)(3) status, our web site (which briefly had issues due to changing over to HTTPS) is up and running, we have an ad with keywords, and we don't fall into any of the ineligible charity groups.  So I don't know what to do to correct this. Please help.

I thought the first time we got the message it was probably the web site change over.  Now I can't see a reason.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Micheal,

Google grants are very particular, did you get in touch with customer support?

regards,

Zaby

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional links in your posts or signature. The use of a signature is a privilege reserved for members of the Google Top Contributor program

Re: Unable to determine reason for grant application rejection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I spoke with Adwords people several times. The last customer service
rep said that he did not have access to grant info and sent me here. The
account is 157-971-7662, and I have an ad set up with key words. The not
for profit distributes Bible readings over various channels, so it is not
an excluded organization. Is there an Adwords Grants customer service team?
If so, how would I reach them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Michael Groh

Have you been approved for Google For Nonprofits yet? That is really the first step in the process. If you have already set up an AdWords account before being approved, you will be responsible for any charges within that account.

If you are running into issues applying for Google For Nonprofits I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Lastly, to protect your account, please edit your above post to remove your account number.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, we have been approved for Google For Nonprofits. I did not enter any billing information (per the instructions), so there shouldn't be any charges. Edited the post above as suggested. More information in the form you sent me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael G
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Michael Groh

Form received and reply sent.