AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Two websites similar content with one approved for google account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

We have website which is approved for Google Adwords grant and we had a previous website which is not approved both serve different purpose.

We prefer to maintain a similar look and feel for branding and easier editing process.

So we have borrowed the content from site which doesn't have approval on to the site which has.

Since there is a duplication of content will it be a violation of policy in any way?

Thanks a ton in advance

Regards

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ganesh,

There is an AdWords policy about unoriginal content, but the purpose is stop advertisers copying content that they don't have any rights to. I would not expect it to apply in your situation.

See the policy here, under Insufficient Original Content
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661
"Destination content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ganesh,

There is an AdWords policy about unoriginal content, but the purpose is stop advertisers copying content that they don't have any rights to. I would not expect it to apply in your situation.

See the policy here, under Insufficient Original Content
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661
"Destination content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality"