AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Two Campaigns, one with Ad grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running a campaign at a Canadian non-profit that has been approved as eligible for an Ad Grant.

We would like to run a Search Network campaign with the help of an Ad Grant and run it in conjunction with a video campaign (in-stream on YouTube) we have been planning for a couple months, and will be funding ourselves.

Before I submit the Search Network campaign for approval I want to know if I can run both campaigns from the same account; one funded by us, the other funded by Ad Grants or do they need to be on separate accounts?

Hope someone can get back to me with an answer ASAP. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalie R
September 2015

Re: Two Campaigns, one with Ad grant

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Natalie,
Since a Google account (i.e. email address) can only be associated with a single AdWords account, you will need to have separate emails for both the Grant account and the paid account.

That is why I recommend setting up the MCC account which will "house both of those accounts and will allow you to access both of them with a single Google account (i.e. email address) instead of having to log out and then back into each account separately.

Going the route of the MCC will be the best option, particularly if someone else might be managing the accounts in the future. Just be sure that all three of these accounts are set up using accounts from the nonprofit or at the very least Gmail accounts. None of these should be set up using your own personal account. Also be sure that the client has administrative access to each and every single account.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie,
Unfortunately, you cannot run the video campaign from the Grant account as only search based text ads are allowed but Google does allow Grantees to set up a secondary AdWords account to run other campaign types such as video, display and remarketing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Can you direct me to info about setting up a secondary account. I took a quick look myself just now and couldn't find any information.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie,
Information on using a paid AdWords account in tandem with a Grant account can be found in this help article:
https://support.google.com/nonprofits/answer/46035?hl=en

As for how to set up the paid account, you would set it up as any other regular AdWords account. The two accounts will *not* be linked together and are essentially managed as two separate accounts.

What I often do for my clients when we are running two accounts is to set them up with a My Client Center (MCC) account and have both of the accounts housed under one MCC.

Information on setting up an MCC account can be found at this help file:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think we have enough advertising to justify getting an MCC account right now, so I will run two accounts in tandem. Will both accounts be managed under the same Google account? (ie email address?)

I'm only concerned because I'm working in a contract position and when it's up in a few months I don't want to leave behind a bunch of open accounts for the next person to have to juggle.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Natalie R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Natalie,
Since a Google account (i.e. email address) can only be associated with a single AdWords account, you will need to have separate emails for both the Grant account and the paid account.

That is why I recommend setting up the MCC account which will "house both of those accounts and will allow you to access both of them with a single Google account (i.e. email address) instead of having to log out and then back into each account separately.

Going the route of the MCC will be the best option, particularly if someone else might be managing the accounts in the future. Just be sure that all three of these accounts are set up using accounts from the nonprofit or at the very least Gmail accounts. None of these should be set up using your own personal account. Also be sure that the client has administrative access to each and every single account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's very helpful.

Thanks Robert.