AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Try, try again.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Howdy all...and Happy Summer!  

I know there are a bazillion worthy non profits.  They can't all be picked....I get it.  

I LOVE AdGrants.  And once a month, I come back to this item on my task list...to apply for the GrantsPro program.  My metrics are way above what Google requires....I have applied 3 times this year...I am not wording my goals and impact in a way that would compel the decisionmakers.  Is there anyone who can help?  I am happy to post my 3 essay like portions...for criticism.  Smiley Happy

Thanks, Lawrene

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Try, try again.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

assuming the raw data meets all the requirements --
possibly consider the greater impact on the world
portion of google's decision-making process.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Raw data is maxing out every day since the 7th of January. CTR averaging 3% over the last 6 months, and thousands of conversions (people requesting information, downloading reports, or watching webinars). Student loan debt is a big deal, and we are helping people not to get enslaved in it.

Would it help if I posted my "impact" statement here, so you can see where I am missing the mark?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lawrene B

I have shared this with you before, but I think it is worth sharing with you again:

Unfortunately, not all organizations are approved to GrantsPro status even if they meet the eligibility requirements. 

Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to amend or supplement these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.

Grantspro status is not given out lightly and (as mentioned above) not all who are eligible to apply are accepted. There are a lot of factors that go into the decision making process and I can assure you that your application was thoroughly reviewed by a team member (likely several) and their decision is final.  As such, there is no need to change your impact statement as it will not change their decision.

Keep in mind, Ad Grants and Grantspro are in-kind donation programs and while it might be disappointing that Google is not approving everyone in Grantspro, they are still being extremely generous with the amount they provide grantees in the Ad Grants program. (A program that not all nonprofits qualify for.)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Robert. I do understand. And I am totally grateful for the 10k per month. It has made a huge difference in our reach. Smiley Happy