5.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking conversions requirements - Adwords Grantspro program

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, it appears that my organization does not meet one or more of the requirement.

I suspect the Conversion tracking to be the cause: We import conversions in Adwords from Google Analytics.

=> Shall we use Adwords conversion tracking instead to be eligible?

Thanks so much!

Here is the detail in case I am missing something else:

-- Tracking conversions: Have conversion tracking installed properly and be successfully tracking at least one conversion goal. 

=> We started tracking properly conversions in June, and we have 6 conversions.

-- Hitting budget cap: Have spent $9900 or more per month for at least 2 different months over the last 6 months.

=> We spend > $9900 in March and in May.

-- High CTR: Have maintained an average account level clickthrough-rate (CTR) of 1% or higher over the past 6 months.

=> Our CTR is stable and around 2%.

-- Good standing: Be in good standing with the Google Ad Grants program and abide by all the program policies and guidelines.

=> We abide by all the policies I found.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking conversions requirements - Adwords Grantspro program

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Julien,

What are the conversions you are tracking?

I presume your application is looked at by a human, who will be looking for meaningful conversions. And I also presume that being imported from Analytics shouldn't matter.

Also, for CTR, make sure that you are viewing all campaigns (rather than just all enabled, or all but removed).

And of course there is "describing how you will use the increased advertising money". With this being a requirement, the presumption is that some uses might not be approved. I would like to think that increasing leads, sales or conversions would be acceptable, however I figure "brand awareness" could be debatable.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rob!
I appreciate your quick reply.

◘ The conversions we track are newsletter sign ups and contact requests. Are these OK conversion type?
◘ For CTR, all campaigns are included, even paused and removed ones.
◘ The description was not mentioned in the list of requirements we do not meet (full email pasted below if you can have a look)

Thank you so much!
Julien

========= full email ============
We appreciate your interest in the Grantspro program. However, your organization didn't meet one or more of the minimum eligibility requirements listed below. You can apply again in the future if your organization meets these requirements, though that does not guarantee acceptance into the program.

See the Grantspro requirements: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6022748

-- Tracking conversions: Have conversion tracking installed properly and be successfully tracking at least one conversion goal. Also, the conversion shouldn’t be simply tracking views of your homepage, but instead be tracking something like a newsletter or volunteer sign-up.

-- Hitting budget cap: Have spent $9900 or more per month for at least 2 different months over the last 6 months. The months don't need to be consecutive.

-- High CTR: Have maintained an average account level clickthrough-rate (CTR) of 1% or higher over the past 6 months.

-- Good standing: Be in good standing with the Google Ad Grants program and abide by all the program policies and guidelines.

We're pleased to have your organization remain in the standard Google Ad Grants program. We encourage you to take advantage of your current $10,000 monthly budget. You might want to review your current ad campaigns to make sure that you're making the most of your budget. To find tips on optimizing your campaigns, visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/49179

If you have any questions, contact the AdWords team at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

Thanks for your continued participation in Google Ad Grants.

Sincerely,
The Google Ad Grants Team

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rob,

Could you give us more details on the requirements we are not meeting (I have to report back to the team on this so that we get organized to meet all the requirements)?

Thank you so much!
Julien

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Julien,

It would appear that you are meeting all the requirements.

You next step should be to ask Google directly what you need to fix. It sometimes helps to ask for them to email you a description of the changes you need to make.

Contact Google:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Julien M

You had stated:

We started tracking properly conversions in June, and we have 6 conversions.

If you have only just started tracking conversions and you only have 6 so far, then this is not going to be enough to be considered for Grantspro. Newsletter signups are certainly valid conversions but Google wants to see that you have been tracking these conversions for a while and that you truly know (and can speak to) the impact that the current grant has provided your organization over the past 6 months.

My recommendation is to wait until you have been tracking conversions for 6 months and then re-apply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alright, thanks Robert. We'll try again later!

Tracking conversions requirements - Adwords Grantspro program

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Julien M

Unfortuneately, Grantspro is now on permanent hold as of yesterday. Please see my post on the official response from the Ad Grants team here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Ad-Grants/Grantspro-update/td-p/644798

With that said, I strongly encourage you to continue to track conversions and use the eligibility requirements of the now paused program as a benchmark for continued optimization of the account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Oh, that's a bummer. Thanks for letting us know, Robert. We'll carry on working on tracking more conversion types anyway.