1.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

The issue is with the billing page for Ad Grant users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem is this page. You can't move beyond it. This page doesn't match the directions given on the Ad Grants walk-through.I am completely unable to move past it. There should be some sort of tick box or by-pass mechanism for Ad Grants users.

billing-page.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The issue is with the billing page for Ad Grant users

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

As outlined int he Account Creation Guide you referenced you must start at the following link: https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Expert

This will allow you to bypass the billing issues you are experiencing. Once you are past that point however it is a bit tricky. Try this:

1. Use AdWords Editor to download a copy of your existing AdWords account.
  2. Make the necessary changes to complete the account following the steps in the Account Creation Guide.
  3. Reupload the account to the Google AdWords Interface.
  4. Submit your account as normal.

Let me know if that works for you.

If you run into further issues please feel free to reach back out. We are here to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert, I have the same problem as Andrew, the original poster, used the wrong start url

I have done as you instructed above: downloaded to AdWords Editor, set up the campaign, ad group, keywords, advert etc. and re posted back to account. However I'm still getting stuck at the billing page.

Could you please advise if anything more needs to be done in Editor, to bypass the billing?

Many Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jason,
If you are still getting stuck, then you will need to start over again using the dedicated link:
https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Expert

However, I have personally never had an issue where I could not create the account in Editor and then go back into the Google AdWords interface at the account or campaign level. You WILL see a red message prompt instructing you to enter billing. The messaging will remain until after you have submitted your account for review and it has been approved by the Ad Grants team.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert

Thanks for the help, but even when I go back to the dedicated link and start again, I enter email, usa, timezone, $ and it just takes me back to the original setup, still stuck on the billing tab, won't let me bypass and go to "review"

screen.jpg

Any other advice please? Can we just reset and start again?

Thanks

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jason,

Can you try clearing your browser and trying again, or try using a different browser?

If you've already tried this, it could be because you can only have one account associated to an email address. Since you've already associated your email address with the initial setup, this could be causing the problem. I wouldn't think this would be the problem, since the account isn't fully created but it could be. If that's the case, you'll need to disassociate your email address from that account before you can use it with another account. There's a nice guide on how to do that, here.

Like I said, try to clear your cookies first and hopefully that will do the trick!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy

I came back a few days later and it worked, probably through clearing browser etc.

Many Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Good deal! So glad to hear that it worked for you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem.  I've cleared cookies etc. and tried using AdWords editor, but no joy - just can't get past that billing page!  

Any tips?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, just spotted Amy's post - will try that.