AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Terms and conditions- help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was signing up for Google Analytics and I was reading through the terms of use - which is very overwhelming as it is but it was Section 7 - PRIVACY that has confused me the most.

what does this all mean in simple terms please? ..

''You must disclose the use of Google Analytics, and how it collects and processes data. This can be done by displaying a prominent link to the site “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, or any other URL Google may provide from time to time). You will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that a Visitor is provided with clear and comprehensive information about, and consents to, the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on the Visitor’s device where such activity occurs in connection with the Service and where providing such information and obtaining such consent is required by law.'' 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Terms and conditions- help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rebecca W,

There are some transparency requirements that the Privacy Policy displayed on your website should comply with in case you have enabled GA advertising features, and/or interest based advertising. The purpose of the policy is to ensure a high level of user safety, security and experience. Additional stipulations may apply in regard to the European Union.

The help page linked-to below gives you a list of the pieces of information that you're required to disclose to your website visitors in the Privacy Policy.

* Policy requirements for Google Analytics Advertising Features *

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409?hl=en

Best,

Lakatos