4.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Tax Questions About Adwords Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot find any answers related to how approved G4NP recipients are supposed to claim the received benefits of the Adwords Grant program. If someone could PLEASE tell me:

1. Does my nonprofit have to claim the Adwords Grant funds anywhere when filing our yearly IRS tax forms?
  2. Does Google mail us anything at the end of each tax year regarding our G4NP account and Google Ad Grant use?
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Taylor Y

We are not able to provide financial or legal advice. However, to see the current, virtual value of your grant, your membership start date, or any other related information, you can find and run performance and statistics reports in your account.

For any information on reporting the in-kind donation to the IRS, you would need to consult a CPA or the section on the IRS website for Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gary G

Unfortunately, we cannot provide tax information here in the forum. You will need to speak to your account about that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, 

I never published that question. Must be another profile w. Gary G 

Thanks, Gary 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Gary G

We've been getting that a lot lately. I will see of the community managers can look into it. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Robert - What do you mean"you will need to speak to your account about that." - My nonprofit has the same questions about reporting the grant as an inkind donation. Is there any information or support Google provides for nonprofits and tax documentation?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Taylor Y

We are not able to provide financial or legal advice. However, to see the current, virtual value of your grant, your membership start date, or any other related information, you can find and run performance and statistics reports in your account.

For any information on reporting the in-kind donation to the IRS, you would need to consult a CPA or the section on the IRS website for Tax Information for Charities & Other Non-Profits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a similar question. I am not an accountant so I dont have the exact answer but I would refer you to https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990.pdf

"Donated services or use of equipment, materials, or facilities. The organization can report the amount of any donated services, or use of materials, equipment, or facilities it received or used in connection with a specific program service, on the lines for the narrative description of the appropriate program service. However, don't include these amounts in revenue, expenses, or grants reported on Part III, lines 4a–4e, even if prepared according to generally accepted accounting principles."

The document is about 100 pages long and is just instructions related to the 990 but you may find information there that answers your specific question.