Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended Ad Grants account? Take these steps:

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

ALL - 

If your Ad Grants account was temporarily suspend because it is not associated with an active Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) account, simply complete the enrollment of the account in Google for Nonprofits following the steps on the following help file:
https://support.google.com/grants/answer/7384954

If your Ad Grants account is linked to a G4NP account but was still suspended then please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert - I just filled out the form above and would greatly appreciate escalation to get this resolved.

Best, Brenen

Ten Doves Charity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, our organisation has an Ad Grants account and recently received an email with this subject: "Pay your balance on canceled account ". Seems our account was canceled, not sure why (*) or what to do to reactivate it. I got lost searching through the help section for a solution to our problem, can you point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Cristi Mosora

(*) - few days before that warning we had a problem with the server, and out website was down for 1-2 days. Could this be the reason for Google cancelling our account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this helpful link.  I will follow up your recommendation.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response, Robert. 

Recently, I found that our nonprofit Ad Words account was canceled. To my knowledge, we weren't notified of the canceling. We have the "New Adwords Experience." Following the directions to re-activate the account didn't work as I don't see the "Reactivate" button in the last step "5. Click Reactivate my account."

I see that some have suggested this is connected to Google For Nonprofits. We have linked out Adwords account to Google For Nonprofits. I confirmed with a Google rep that the ***-***-**** account is connected to our Google for Nonprofits / Ad Grants in April 26. Please let me know how I can reactivate my account. I have filled the form you provided above. Thanks! Zhivko

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@The Conservation Fund N

I have received the escalation form you submitted and have replied directly to that. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert. 

Recently, I found that our nonprofit Ad Words account was canceled. We were not notified of the canceling. We have the New Adwords Experience. Following the directions to re-activate the account didn't work as I don't see the Reactivate button in the last step, Click Reactivate my account. We have been on the NGO Ad Grants for quite a few years. We still can login and create adds and getting emails saying our ad has been approved and update emails. I have filled in the form, linked above. 

Please can you help with this and much appreciated 

Thanks in advance 

Antoinette

BPW South Africa

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Toni G

Accounts are cancelled for a variety of reasons related to not complying with AdWords policies or Ad Grants policies, but the top two are:

1.) Violation of the  Active Account Policy 
This policy requires that you sign in to review performance at least once a month and that you make one or more changes to the account at least once every 90 days - these are the bare minimums and to get better results from your Ad Grants account, I certainly recommend active management above and beyond these minimums. If the account is a legacy Grantspro account, the requirements are even stricter.

The policy does also have a section on what to do if your Ad Grant account has been turned off which states the following:

If your account has been turned off because you haven't met the requirements for active management, you can contact the AdWords team if you'd like to have the account turned back on. Once the account is reinstated, you'll need to continue following the policies mentioned above.

2) Violation of the Mission-based campaigns policy

This policy state (in part):

The ads and keywords in your AdWords account must reflect the mission of your nonprofit organization and be relevant to your nonprofit's programs and services.

If you believe a violation of the mission-based campaigns policy is the reason your account was cancelled, this too may be able to be fixed and have your account reinstated.   

This Help Center page shows you how to reset your password.  Next, use this form to request reactivation.  

Google may reinstate the account if this is a first policy offense but repeated offenses can result in permanently disabled accounts.  

Once, your account is reinstated, it is IMPORTANT that you abide by  AdWords policies or Ad Grants policies.

Re: Suspended Ad Grants account? Take these steps:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thank you so much for all your help. Our account has been reactivated. It
was indeed cancelled due to not doing monthly reviews. We were so happy with
the results that we simply didn't remember to do this. Lesson learned - we
will in future ensure that we abide by this policy.

Many thanks once again. We really appreciate your assistance.

Ms Toni Gomes

BPW South Africa

Tel: (011) 794-4991 / 083 212 9135

www.bpw-jhbsa.co.za

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your response. You are correct in that it was suspended due to us not doing the monthly maintenance.  We have been reactivated and we've certainly learned our lesson.  Thank you so much for your advise, we really appreciate it.