Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Stuck trying to create AdWords account from the Account Creation Guide

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are approved for Google Grants and are trying to setup an Ad Grant account. We are following the Account Creation Guide but when we try to create an AdWords account the page won't load. It starts to load in AdWords and then the page goes blank. We have tried this from two different computers over two days with the same results. Is there a technical difficulty at Google?

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem:

Step 1: At the Account Creation Guide, we click the "get started" button to create our account. It explicitly says we need to create the account from this button.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 1.29.05 PM.png

Step 2: After clicking the "get started" button we land here. Our email is filled in automatically, but removed from this screenshot. We update our timezone and then click "save and continue. The next thing that happens is Google AdWords appears to start loading for a few seconds and then we get a blank screen. We have tried this multiple times over the course of two days with the same results.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 1.39.51 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony F
May 2017

Stuck trying to create AdWords account from the Account Creation Guide

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 26
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are experiencing the same issue. We're in Canada, tried clearing cache and tried both Firefox and Chrome with the page loading blank. Call 1-866-2-GOOGLE and they could not tell me or help fix the issue. 

Step 1: 

We were approved

Step 2:

At the Account Creation Guide, we click the "get started" button

Step 3: 

After clicking the "get started" button we on a new screen asking for our country, timezone and currency. We adjust our timezone and then click "save and continue.

Step 4:

The next thing that happens is Google AdWords appears to start loading for a few seconds and then we get a blank screen. We have tried this multiple times over the course of 1 week with the same results in multiple browsers and clearing cache. 

Has anyone found a resolution for this? 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

Re: Stuck trying to create AdWords account from the Account Creation G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As an alternative, does anyone know if we can just use the normal (non-grant) Adwords account creation process? (remembering to leave off billing info)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having a similar issue. I'm afraid to go to the regular adwords sign up as I've done that before and got stuck in the billing page (wouldn't let me progress past it, had to call Google to get it fixed). Hopefully floating this to the top will get someone's attention.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tony F

Thank you for the detailed post of the issues you are running into. I have escalated the issue to the Ad Grants team for them to have the engineers investigate.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Tony F

Please try again. The issue now appears to be fixed on my end.

It may help to do the standard, clearing of cache. 

If you still run into issues, please let me know the country from which you are accessing the form from.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Clearing the cache didn't seem to work for me. I'm in the United States and doing my Ad Grant for a US client.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Donna P

Are you saying that you are having the same problem as Tony and running into the same blank page during the same part of the process?

If so, which state are you in so we can try to narrow it down even further?

(NOTE: I am not running into issues when I test it so the issue seems to be limited or localized.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's correct. When I click on the 'Save and Continue' button on the AdWords sign up the next page is blank. I'm in Oklahoma.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Donna P

Thank you. The additional information is appreciated. I have escalated the issue to the team and will report back when I have more information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for moving this forward, Robert. I cleared my cache and tried again. Same issue. Blank screen after submit.

Tony