Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Status of Google Ad Word Grant

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to find the status? I submitted the grant through the steps but now it's lost in limbo. How do I figure out where it is in the process?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @XylemDesign,

How long has it been since you applied? 

And have you reviewed all of this info and clicked on the links and read those? 

Unfortunately, we are not able to see accounts of any kind, so we cannot check on the status. If you need to, you may contact AdWords support for further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Chris_R

I had a similar situation for a nonprofit I was helping to set up with the Google Ad Grant program. I simply reached out to AdWords support and using the charity name, my email address associated with the account, and charity 501c3 ID, they were able to look it up and expedite the review. They said it should only take about 7-10 business days so they were able to speed up the review.

You may wish to reach out to AdWords using the contact info available in your AdWords account by clicking on the gear icon and clicking "help".

Best,

Nick

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@XylemDesign

All you have to do is just log into your Google for Nonprofits account, go to the product page and the underunderneath the listing for Ad Grants you will see the current status of you application. Simple.

Contrary to what was posted above, applications cannot be expedited and they are reviewed in the order they are received. Current processing time is 10 days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @RobertCoats.  I appreciate that.  From the google.com/nonprofits/ portal I'm approved.  Then I followed the Ad Word setup steps and per the instructions did not put in billing info.  Then it said it submitted for review and that was the last I heard of it over a month ago so trying to figure out where to pick back up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens.  Thanks for the note.  Yes I did review all that info and followed the steps and submitted for review.  That was a month ago and it's not active and I haven't gotten any email so I will try and contact the support team.  I appreciate your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Nick C

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@XylemDesign

When you log into your Google for Nonprofits account and go to the product page, what does the status beneath the listing for Ad Grants say? Enroll? Submitted? Approved? Or something similar?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobertCoats.  The status from the nonprofit page shows "approved"  

Google Ad Grants
Reach and engage your supporters through free online advertising with AdWords.
Get started with AdWords Express.
I just got a call from Google from the ticket I put in.  If I had to guess, it seems like my Adwords account is not linked to the Grants because he was asking me to click on Grants in the upper right of my Ad Words account.  There is nothing there to click on.  They are both under the same email, chris@flyingdogrescue.com.  He said he would escalate the ticket but any ideas?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@XylemDesign

If your status shows that it is approved, then it is linked. 

However, it sounds like you might have set up an AdWords Express account to use with Ad Grants or started the process through AdWords Express. That is why the rep is telling you to click the "manage" link up in the upper right hand corner. There is NOT a link for Ad Grants but there would be one to manage your AdWords Express account (approved for Ad Grants). Or AdWords account (approved for use with Ad Grants.) It just depends on if you started the process via AdWords or AdWords Express. (Yes, telling the difference between the two can be confusing for those who are not familiar with the differences but yes, it does appear you have an active account approved for use with Ad Grants.)