AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Setting daily budget higher than allocated Google Grant budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What happens if I have a number of campaigns with daily budgets that, together, exceed my allocated daily Google Grant spend?

For example, daily grant of $330 but live campaigns totalling $1,000 of daily budget?

I know I won't actually spend more than the $330 as I don't have additional billing set up, but does it reflect badly on my account if I set too many campaigns with budgets that total way more than what I can actually spend each day?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting daily budget higher than allocated Google Grant budget?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Princes,

I'm not sure, but I think, As the daily budget is limited to $329. So, the total ads from all campaigns run sharing this budget. After reaching the daily budget limit your Ads will stop running automatically. Since Adwords automatically stops your ads there won't be any impact on account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes that is what I thought. However there must be an impact if there are so many campaigns available, with so many ads that could potentially go live? Is it better to have fewer live campaigns and set - across the board - daily budgets that correspond more closely to the Grant daily?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Princess T,
Yes, there is an impact having so many campaigns available in a limited budget.

While it is true that you can set all three of your campaigns to $329 and the account it self will still only spend a max of $329 (give or take $5) it is certainly considered to be inefficient to do so for anything other than short tests.

Just like in a regular (paid) AdWords account, you want to make sure that your budget is allocated in an efficient manner to ensure the most conversions and thus highest ROI.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

If, on a similar note, I change my campaigns to run 2 campaigns at under 329 USD do I need to change my keywords and ads accordingly - also regarding the max CPC? Also in does it then mean I can or should ad more keywords? And to confirm again it's impossible for an AdGrant account to be charged in any way?

Apologies for all the questions & thanks!!!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.