AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Send Google a donation acknowledgement?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am about to apply for an Ad Grant for my organization.  We are already enrolled in Google Nonprofits. I was hoping to get some clarity in the eligibility section: Acknowledge and agree to the applications required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.  Regarding donation receipt and use do we need to send Google a receipt for in kind donations or just note the amount in our books as an in kind donation at the end of the year?  Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Send Google a donation acknowledgement?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
No, you do not need to send Google a receipt for in-kind donations.

Google just wants to make sure that your organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; that this donation will not negatively impact Google's current or future ability to do business with your organization; that this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi David,
No, you do not need to send Google a receipt for in-kind donations.

Google just wants to make sure that your organization may receive this donation under its own policy and applicable laws and regulations; that this donation will not negatively impact Google's current or future ability to do business with your organization; that this donation will not be used to corruptly influence any government official to obtain or retain business or any improper advantage.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Fantastic, thank you Robert!