AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Second Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an old non for profit ad words account approved for with google grants we can no longer access.

If we would like to create a new adwords account and apply for google grants with the same organization will we face any challenges in doing so since the organization as been approved once before?

Is there any way to transfer google grant status between accounts? 

Is it safe to delete or have the old account deleted? will it affect our Google grants approval?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: Second Ad Grants

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Warren F

Ad Grants cannot be switched between accounts. You will need to use the original account.

Follow my directions that I provided you in your previous post for having the current admin set you up as an admin. At that point, they will be able to "un-link" themselves from the account cleanly and you can take over management.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Warren
I don't believe that you can "move" your status to a new account. From Google's perspective, I'd imagine this is a complete waste of resources. I think it would be much easier and efficient to just get access back to the old account.

When you say that you can no longer access the account, if you contact AdWords support using the phone or live chat feature, they'll be able to provide access to the account if there's someone with authorization making the request.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Warren F

Ad Grants cannot be switched between accounts. You will need to use the original account.

Follow my directions that I provided you in your previous post for having the current admin set you up as an admin. At that point, they will be able to "un-link" themselves from the account cleanly and you can take over management.