Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Response Rate for Grantspro

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobertCoats

We have so far met all the requirements for our grantspro application and are looking at applying by around mid-June once we continue making adjustments on our conversions, and make our application as 'number specific' and impact specific as possible. Also do you think Google consider video watches, PDF downloads, etc. significant conversions? Our organization considers these 'events'  to be significantly impacting youth based on surgery data, but I'm not sure how Google would view it.

Also, on this forum so far, I have read the response rate is generally around 7 days. Does it vary or is it generally that response time? Also, once accepted, how quickly is the additional spend money implemented? Is it immediate? Answers to all of those questions would be extremely helpful to me.

Best,

Eric

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric F
September 2015

Re: Response Rate for Grantspro

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Eric F

If those are meaningful conversions to your organization then be prepared to present their impact.

I will say this though, if you are just now implementing conversion tracking I would recommend holding off on your application for a few months. Have those conversions in place and make optimizations on the data that those conversions provide. A month's worth of conversions is NOT going to cut it.

I could be reading your posts wrong but right now, your focus seems to be in doing what you need to do to qualify for Grantspro and not really how you can maximize your current Grant so that it can best help your organization achieve its mission. This is the wrong focus to take. The answer is not to "throw more money at it" with Grantspro.

However, your questions seem to be all centered around "how soon can I get more money?"

So to answer that question, applications for Grantspro are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. You will usually receive an email updating the status of your application within 30 days of submission and you will be able to upgrade your budgets at that time if you are approved.

Now. Forget about Grantspro for a moment.

Pretend that the $10k a month your organization is spending on AdWords is coming out of your personal pocket. It is YOUR money they are spending. How well are they spending it? How are you going to hold them accountable? What do you want to see? What is the return? Are they wasting your money or are they making an impact with it? If they claim they are making an impact, how can they prove it? Where's the data? What is the justification to quadruple the spend to nearly a half million dollars a year?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert,

Thanks for your response. I learn a lot every time I reach out to you, which is why I keep coming back.

As far as conversion tracking goes, we have actually tracked all of it in Analytics for quite some time, and just now implemented it to AdWords. However, we have been making adjustments based on Analytics reports the whole time. Does this not cut it? Also, when making these adjustments and focusing on words that get most conversions, what do you think is the most effective way to continue getting more conversions than before?

And as far as the money question goes, I suppose at this point I have fewer questions about optimizing the account. I am making all my best efforts to optimize our money. I know thats the goal. I am not simply throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. I am strategic on my approach- not perfect, of course, and I still have questions, but its not all about more money.

I just think we're ready to take the next steps. Perhaps you're right, we should wait longer, but the analytics tracking may help, no? Or does google only view your account by itself, even if you discuss analytics in the application? Just trying to cover all my bases before we apply. I feel we are maximizing our current grant now, and could only do so much more with it.

Hope to hear back soon, or even potentially work with Kinsey Street. You have been invaluable to our process so far.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Eric F

Yes, you can certainly include information about analytics within your application and use those hard numbers. However the review team will not be looking into your analytics account, they will however be looking at your AdWords account to verify the data you submit on your application. (Note: at one time, just analytics data was sufficient - however, with the relaunch of Grantspro you must have the conversions tracking with in the AdWords UI.)

I am glad to hear that my posts have been beneficial to you. I know that at times my responses may sound harsh and in all honesty they are meant to be. I want to make sure that you are focusing on the right areas so that you can submit the most effective application as possible. The review is rigorous and decisions regarding Grantspro applications are, for the most part, final. So it is important that you do not rush it. This is a long-term program and a significant one at that - make sure that your data is solid before applying. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Eric F

If those are meaningful conversions to your organization then be prepared to present their impact.

I will say this though, if you are just now implementing conversion tracking I would recommend holding off on your application for a few months. Have those conversions in place and make optimizations on the data that those conversions provide. A month's worth of conversions is NOT going to cut it.

I could be reading your posts wrong but right now, your focus seems to be in doing what you need to do to qualify for Grantspro and not really how you can maximize your current Grant so that it can best help your organization achieve its mission. This is the wrong focus to take. The answer is not to "throw more money at it" with Grantspro.

However, your questions seem to be all centered around "how soon can I get more money?"

So to answer that question, applications for Grantspro are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. You will usually receive an email updating the status of your application within 30 days of submission and you will be able to upgrade your budgets at that time if you are approved.

Now. Forget about Grantspro for a moment.

Pretend that the $10k a month your organization is spending on AdWords is coming out of your personal pocket. It is YOUR money they are spending. How well are they spending it? How are you going to hold them accountable? What do you want to see? What is the return? Are they wasting your money or are they making an impact with it? If they claim they are making an impact, how can they prove it? Where's the data? What is the justification to quadruple the spend to nearly a half million dollars a year?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert,

Thanks for your response. I learn a lot every time I reach out to you, which is why I keep coming back.

As far as conversion tracking goes, we have actually tracked all of it in Analytics for quite some time, and just now implemented it to AdWords. However, we have been making adjustments based on Analytics reports the whole time. Does this not cut it? Also, when making these adjustments and focusing on words that get most conversions, what do you think is the most effective way to continue getting more conversions than before?

And as far as the money question goes, I suppose at this point I have fewer questions about optimizing the account. I am making all my best efforts to optimize our money. I know thats the goal. I am not simply throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. I am strategic on my approach- not perfect, of course, and I still have questions, but its not all about more money.

I just think we're ready to take the next steps. Perhaps you're right, we should wait longer, but the analytics tracking may help, no? Or does google only view your account by itself, even if you discuss analytics in the application? Just trying to cover all my bases before we apply. I feel we are maximizing our current grant now, and could only do so much more with it.

Hope to hear back soon, or even potentially work with Kinsey Street. You have been invaluable to our process so far.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Eric F

Yes, you can certainly include information about analytics within your application and use those hard numbers. However the review team will not be looking into your analytics account, they will however be looking at your AdWords account to verify the data you submit on your application. (Note: at one time, just analytics data was sufficient - however, with the relaunch of Grantspro you must have the conversions tracking with in the AdWords UI.)

I am glad to hear that my posts have been beneficial to you. I know that at times my responses may sound harsh and in all honesty they are meant to be. I want to make sure that you are focusing on the right areas so that you can submit the most effective application as possible. The review is rigorous and decisions regarding Grantspro applications are, for the most part, final. So it is important that you do not rush it. This is a long-term program and a significant one at that - make sure that your data is solid before applying. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hang in there Eric- We have been trying for a couple months, and each time we are turned down, I refine, tweak, tighten, and it is a good thing! I have learned a lot and tuned the machine! Robert is a huge help as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We applied and got it within 7 days. It was switched to $40,000 the day they approved it. The requirements are clear, so make sure you meet them before applying.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@RobertCoats Thanks for all your helpful answer. We applied for Google GrantsPro over one month ago now and haven't heard back. Is that normal?