AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing code placement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a Google Adwords Grant and are running an Adwords Campaign with our Google Adwords Grant.  Can we use the REMARKETING "code" from GOOGLE ADWORDS and place that code on our UNBOUNCE LANDING PAGE (which is where our Google Adwords Grant Campaign traffic is directed to )  to remarket people who do not opt-in?  Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing code placement.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Anu C - Yes you can, however the remarketing campaign would actually be done via a paid AdWords account. Google Ad Grants only allows for text ads on Google search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I guess I do not really understand how remarketing works. Could you explain to me exactly how the remarking works and send me a link with explanation of how it works.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Anu,

Google grants allow you to advertise only on the search network and not display. However, there is a remarketing option available for you called as "Remarketing through search ads". Here you can target users who have visited your website on search network through text ads

The below link will give you more clarity:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards

Rohit Khanna

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Anu C

To learn about remarketing with AdWords, I would recommend the following AdWords help file: Use remarketing to reach past website visitors and app users

@Rohit Khanna - While it is true that "technically" you can set up remarketing ads via search within a Grant account, the official stance with the Ad Grants team is that it is not allowed.