1.5K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Rejected from Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I run a non profit called Twist Out Cancer which is registered with the IRS. I was recently rejected from recieving a grant for google ad words and I am not sure why.

I look forward to your insights.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Rejected from Google Ad Grants

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
There could be a few reasons... here are some common ones.

1. do you have a website with substantial content? that is a requirement.
2. are you a religious or political charity in your IRS registration?
3. Is your IRS registration new and possibly not listed on the directory they check yet?

I hope this helps.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jenna,
Was your organization rejected from enrolling in Google For Nonprofits (which is the first step) or were you approved into Google For Nonprofits and your Google Grant account denied?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi David,
Thanks for contributing to the community. Just an FYI on item #2 - religious organizations are allowed now. It wasn't always the case.

Your other two points are spot on however.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jenna,

Further to David's response, you do seem to be listed in the Guidestar.org database (http://www2.guidestar.org/SearchResults.aspx) , so it must be the content. I would encourage you to reapply once you have added more relevant content on your site.

I'd also like to drive attention to an item in your terms and conditions

"Advertisements, Searches and Links to Other Websites
Twist Out Cancer may provide links to third party websites. Twist Out Cancer also may select certain websites as priority responses to search terms you enter and Twist Out Cancer may agree to allow advertisers to respond to certain search terms with advertisements or sponsored content. - See more at: http://www.twistoutcancer.org/terms-and-conditions#sthash.0LoTp4gD.dpuf"

Google grants has the following criteria for eligibility:

Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this program. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your program.

Cheers,
Vineesh..