2.9K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Re-enable my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're a nonprofit that received a google ads grant. We haven't had a campaign running for a while, but want to get things going again. Logging in, I see "Your account isn't active - Your ads aren't running because we've disabled your account." Who can help me reinstate out account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re-enable my account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shane R

Accounts are suspended for a variety of reasons - If you haven't had a campaign running in a while then yours was likely pushed as inactive since that is a violation of the active account management policy for Ad Grant accounts. 

However, you are able to get the account active again, according to the policy:

"If your account has been turned off because you haven't met the requirements for active management, you can contact the AdWords team if you'd like to have the account turned back on."

Once the account is reinstated, you'll want to ensure you actively manage your account. The minimum requirements are: 

• Sign in to review performance at least once a month
  • Make one or more changes to the account at least once every 90 days

As mentioned, these are just the minimum requirements to meet the policy requirements. To get the most out of your Ad Grants account will require much more active account management than the minimum listed above. If you do not have time to actively manage the account, then you may want o look into hiring a third-party that specializes in Ad Grants to manage the account for you. If so, then there is a list of qualified agencies in the Google For Nonprofits Marketplace. Simply filter by product and select: AdWords to see a list of agencies that specialize in helping nonprofits with AdWords. (*disclosure - my agency is listed in there as well.)

Re-enable my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert, 

I have the same problem as Shane, however, the link to contact the AdWords team no longer has an option to contact them. I don't see any way to request my account to be re-enabled. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Re-enable my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to call Adwords at +1-866-246-6453 and they re-enabled my account for me. Were very helpful and friendly!

Re-enable my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same issue and used the live chat function to solve the issue. This can be found by logging into AdWords clicking the cog icon in the top right and selecting help then live chat. Also available are phone and email options.