2.4K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Billing information for Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried numerous times to set up an Ad through Adwords as part of the Ad Grants Programme.  I had an email saying it was live but in the dashboard it indicated that billing information was needed.

I have set up a number of new Gmail accounts.  Despite that I can't seem to get past the billing page.  I ignore the billing details and tick terms and conditions but it just highlights the billing information boxes and indicates that they need to be completed.

Any ideas about where I go from here - I seem to be going round in circles.

Thanks

Debbie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Billing information for Google Ad Grants

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Debbie L,

As you have found out, the process is very precise and a bit difficult at times, too.

Please refer to this Google Ad Grants information... then proceed to carefully reviewing each step in the AdWords Account Creation Guide.  

Please note that after these things are completed, it can take a few weeks for the billing request to go away. To see the status of your Ad Grants application, simply log into your Google For Nonprofits (G4NP) account (not AdWords) and go to the product enrollment page, there, under Ad Grants, you will see a status listed - either, Enroll, Received, Approved or other similar status message. 

If you wish, you can contact Google AdWords Support (for any of the AdWords issues) (not any Grants issues) and they could possibly provide more precise help, since they can see/access your account and we cannot. Open AdWords, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the phone number shown. Typically, when one is faced with the situation you describe, you have gone past a step that effects the account and it is not something you can straighten out without contacting support and getting their help. 

All the Best,

James