Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Billing information for Google Ad Grants

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert,

I am hoping you can help. My services have been engaged to help a non-profit gain Grant status for AdWords. I ran through every aspect with my Google Account Manager and an assistant from the Grant Community before submitting the application. Both confirmed all was set and that NO billing information was there.

Then, the application was denied saying billing information was there.

I am told to "We were not able to process your application. An email has been sent to you explaining the reasons. Please follow the instructions in the email and resubmit this enrollment by clicking the button." - but means having another email address, which I cannot gain at the moment because that person with Venture Charity ID: 41-1720155 is out of the country and struggling with Internet connections.

Is it possible that I can someone move forward with the one email they already set up for me? Or that that the billing issue is a mistake?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeannie H
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeannie H

What were the instructions in the email? That will determine what the next steps are going to be.

EDIT: Just to add on to the above, there are a few reasons why it might trigger as being associated with a billing account (notably if that email account is also tied to a YouTube account). None the less, you can proceed to create a new account for use with Ad Grants under a new gmail address and then add a organization email as an admin later - this way you do not have to wait until the org person returns from out of country to proceed.

BTW - you can use AdWords Editor to copy the old account over into the new account to save some time on the account creation.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeannie H
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeannie H

What were the instructions in the email? That will determine what the next steps are going to be.

EDIT: Just to add on to the above, there are a few reasons why it might trigger as being associated with a billing account (notably if that email account is also tied to a YouTube account). None the less, you can proceed to create a new account for use with Ad Grants under a new gmail address and then add a organization email as an admin later - this way you do not have to wait until the org person returns from out of country to proceed.

BTW - you can use AdWords Editor to copy the old account over into the new account to save some time on the account creation.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

That was super helpful to get the details; I was previously unaware that this is tied to a client's YouTube account.

One more question: (hope it is okay to ask here) I tired to post this query under my <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> Google Partner account. It seems confusing to have two. How do you recommend that I integrate them? Or which one should I be using?

So appreciate your shared knowledge!

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Use your MCC account to create the new Ad Grants account. You can then add an admin on to that account after it is created.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Robert,

Yes, I completed setting up the new AdWords account yesterday via MCC.

Any way to consolidate my two email addresses used to participate in this forum?

Thank you,