AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Questions about applying to Ad grants and which email address to use for the application

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I've got a few questions about applying to the Google ad grant program and which email addresses to use.

So, my understanding is you'd need to take these 3 steps.

1. Apply for Google Nonprofits

2. Create an adwords account

3. Apply for Google Ad Grants.

Is the same email account needed for all 3 steps?  I know you need a gmail account for step 2, but do you also need to use the same gmail accounts for all 3 steps or can you use a business account for step 1.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Debra S
September 2016

Re: Questions about applying to Ad grants and which email address to use for the application

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Debra S

Essentially, there are just 2 accounts - not 3.

There is a Google for Nonprofits account and a Google AdWords account - once the AdWords account is set up in accordance to the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it is then submitted for review and approval by the Ad Grants team - at that point the AdWords account is then designated an Ad Grants account. As such, only two emails would be required at most. With that said, setting up everything with a single Google account is often preferable.

And yes, a gmail email address can be used.

View solution in original post

Re: Questions about applying to Ad grants and which email address to use for the application

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
No, the same email address is not needed for your Google for Nonprofits account and your Google Ad Grants account - but it is preferred.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Okay, thanks, but what about step 2 (creating the adwords account). Is it recommended to use the same email for that too. Also, does step one need a gmail address? thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Debra S
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Debra S

Essentially, there are just 2 accounts - not 3.

There is a Google for Nonprofits account and a Google AdWords account - once the AdWords account is set up in accordance to the Ad Grants Account Creation Guide it is then submitted for review and approval by the Ad Grants team - at that point the AdWords account is then designated an Ad Grants account. As such, only two emails would be required at most. With that said, setting up everything with a single Google account is often preferable.

And yes, a gmail email address can be used.