5.1K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Question from a nonprofit in the midst of applying for the first time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a crucial question in regards to our application and I am running in circles with trying to clarify this grant process. I called help desk and read through the google grant support and can’t seem to find an answer. Can you please help guide me to a correct person to contact or at least an email? I emailed adwords-support@google.com.

Our question is: if we were to be approved for this grand for adwords, do they split the $10,000 throughout our national organization or can we receive $10,000 per region?

Thank you for all your help!

Andy

PS- I am helping them through the grant process

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy N
August 2016

Re: Question from a nonprofit in the midst of applying for the first time

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andy N

The Ad Grant would apply to a single charity/EIN (i.e the parent organization) and the website of that organization. However, there are a few scenarios that could also apply in this particular situation:

1. If the regional orgs have their own individual EINs (and thus charity status) then they would be able to apply for their own account if they also met the eligibility requirements.
  2. If the regional orgs do NOT have their own EINs but are separate from the main/national org via their own individual websites then after the national website has been approved then you could request an exception to the one URL policy by submitting a request to add additional domains to the account, and then promote the regional websites via their own campaigns within the approved account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy N
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andy N

The Ad Grant would apply to a single charity/EIN (i.e the parent organization) and the website of that organization. However, there are a few scenarios that could also apply in this particular situation:

1. If the regional orgs have their own individual EINs (and thus charity status) then they would be able to apply for their own account if they also met the eligibility requirements.
  2. If the regional orgs do NOT have their own EINs but are separate from the main/national org via their own individual websites then after the national website has been approved then you could request an exception to the one URL policy by submitting a request to add additional domains to the account, and then promote the regional websites via their own campaigns within the approved account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the fast reply, Robert.

Makes sense, and thanks for the link.

Andy