2.6K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Our organization was approved, but account is not activated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone--we've been working on getting our AdGrants account set up. 

We've gotten to this same step twice. First, our account was setup incorrectly (excluding search partners, budget wrong, etc). So, we worked with google to delete and re-create it. 

When we re-created it, we got this email: Regrettably, your organization does not fall within our guidelines. For details on your country's requirements, click the "Eligibility & charity status" link shown for your country:  https://support.google.com/grants/answer/1705991.

I contacted google, but they just said to re-submit the application. I did that and now the status is Application received.

Does anybody know what we may have done wrong or why we're not eligible?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kate,

Any updates on this? Hopefully your updated submission has been accepted by this point. If not, please update this thread so that we can help you troubleshoot further.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John--

No updates yet, unfortunately. It's still stuck at the status of "Application received", for the 3rd time!

Our organization is called Powered by Action, and we're a registered 501(c)3, so I'm not too sure what the hang-up might be.

Thanks for checking!

-Kate

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Kate L

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! I just filled it out!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Kate L

I will follow back up once the Ad Grants team has had a chance to look into this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobertCoats!

Sorry to bother you--I was just wondering if you had heard anything from the Ad Grants team yet? Should I try to reach out to the Google support team?

Thanks,

Kate

Re: Our organization was approved, but account is not activated

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Kate L

Nothing yet. I will send a follow up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @RobertCoats

We just got this email this morning.

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your AdWords Express account for review.

The account you submitted is affected by a technical issue and cannot be activated for Ad Grants. In order to become a Grantee, you'll need to create a new account and submit it for review. Please read the directions below:

***PLEASE NOTE: When you create a new AdWords/AdWords Express  account, you must choose a different email address than you used for your initial account.

1. Please create a new account, by following the relevant account creation guides below:

AdWords Express Account Creation Guide: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/6077396?hl=en&ref_topic=6077566&rd=1

2. Follow the submission process for your country and reapply here: https://support.google.com/grants/answer/46115 - Select your country in the drop-down menu and follow the directions. Once you submit your new AdWords Express account for review, our team will re-review it and send you a follow up email.

Sincerely,

The Google Ad Grants Team

This will make the 3rd time we've applied, so any advice you have about doing it correctly would be great!

Best,

Kate

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

The Ad Grants  team is aware of an issue and they are currently having the engineering team look into it. Thank you for your continued patience