AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn about the Google Ad Grants advertising program for nonprofits
Guide Me
star_border

Our Google Grants Account was hacked and hijacked (!) and Google Support can't seem to help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm posting this with the hope that someone in this forum can help, or maybe has experienced this before and can provide some insight. Here's the abbreviated story:

Our non-profit was approved for a grant and we received approval for our ad campaign. We had problems activating the ads, so we contacted Google Ads Support. After numerous discussions, their support team finally revealed that our grants account had been assigned to another email address. This email address was for someone in India (we're in California). Further investigation revealed that this person had essentially hacked our grant, and was using it to run ads for his own for profit business. When I log into Google Analytics I can see all of the data for his sites, and none for ours. 

This all happened in December. The Ads support team recommended that we file a formal complaint on the Grants site, which we did. Since then, essentially nothing has happened. I call Google Support weekly and have to restate the story over again; they say they will investigate and call me back and never do. I have a direct contact there who promised to take the lead and help, but he's always unavailable when I call and never returns my calls.

I'm hoping someone here can assist in some way. The unavailability of the grant has completely halted our marketing plans for 3 months, with serious detriment to our organization's plans. The inability to access Analytics data for our site is even more crippling.

Thank you in advance for any information/insight.

Gary

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Our Google Grants Account was hacked and hijacked (!) and Google Support can't seem to help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gary W

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Also, you mentioned that you filed a complaint on the Ad Grants site, could you please let me know where you did this and which form you used to do so so that I may also bring that to the teams attention.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Our Google Grants Account was hacked and hijacked (!) and Google Support can't seem to help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gary W

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Also, you mentioned that you filed a complaint on the Ad Grants site, could you please let me know where you did this and which form you used to do so so that I may also bring that to the teams attention.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Robert! I'll fill out the form now.

I filed the complaint via email at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970?from=8206&rd=1#contact=1. This was on December 17, at the instruction of the Google Ads Support team. He said that once I did this that would allow him to follow up with the Grants team.

Thank you again. I really appreciate the offer of assistance.

Gary

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert,
If I'm having a similar frustrating idea -- can I fill out the same form for my organization? Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ryan B

Yes, you certainly may. Just be sure to give as much detail about the scenario as possible for the escalation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Robert,
Any update with how I can proceed here? Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Ryan B

Once I have feed back from the Ad Grants team regarding your account, I will let you know.