Guide Me
star_border

Not able to unlink google adwords account from google ad grants

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

1. I applied to google ad grants using the email address XXXXXXX@gmail.com and it was approved.

2. I created a google adwords account that has the ID XXX-XXX-XXXX and linked it to my google ad grants account, however I did it wrong and included billing address. Because of this, google says I have to create a new adwords account and I did. New ID for google adwords ID XXX-XXX-XXXX.

The problem: I can't link the new account to my google ad grants, since the ad grants is already linked to the old account. How can I make it link?

Photo showing there is no option to unlink account: XXXXXXX.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Not able to unlink google adwords account from google ad grants

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alexander B - I have reached out to the Ad Grants team about this. Someone should be in touch.

In the mean time, please remove all identifiable information in your post above in order to protect privacy and account security.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks man! Will be waiting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robert, We are having the exact same issue. Could someone also help us or post a general solution? Thanks so much!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Alexander B - you should now be able to re-sbumit your account. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jean F

I'll be glad to investigate this for you but I will need some additional information about your organization that we cannot post publicly here in the public forum due to privacy concerns. Please fill out this form and I can escalate for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome Man!!! Many thanks for resolving my issue. I just resubmitted the request and it should be approved in 1-2 days. You saved my life! Don't even know how to thank you!!!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey @RobertCoats , my issue persists. I did reapply to the adgrants with my new adwords account yesterday. Today, I received an email saying that the application was denied because I already have an Google Ad Grants account activated. I don't even know what that means, since I have only 1 google ad grants account and 2 google ad words account. It's só confusing! Any ideas?

I received this number in the email that might be the control number and might help you find my issue: 5-7534000008450

Many Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Alexander B

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue. Rest assured, we will get this cleared up.

I have alerted the Ad Grants team about the situation and will follow back up with you once I have feedback from them.